PVRGeoPOD Maya mel command line

Hi,

I’ve been using PVRGeoPOD v1.12 for about 6 months and have written an automated export tool in mel script which calls PVRGeoPOD_Execute with all the necessary parameters for a particular export. I found that this exporter didn’t export lights, so I upgraded to v1.16 which does export lights. The problem is that the new exporter doesn’t have the ‘PVRGeoPOD_Execute’ mel command, has this been renamed? Is there any documentation for any changes to the command line parameters too?

Thanks,
Bill.

aztek wrote:

The problem is that the new exporter doesn't have the 'PVRGeoPOD_Execute' mel command, has this been renamed? Is there any documentation for any changes to the command line parameters too?

Hi,

I'm afraid the PVRGeoPOD_Execute mel command was removed in 1.15 when the exporter stopped using a mel script for its export options dialog box.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any way into the exporter other than through the GUI? I could easily write a plugin which called a function in your exporter mll. Would using the blender dll to create a Maya mll be an option perhaps? Or maybe I should use autoit (http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/index.shtml) to set up the gui?

Btw the reason I don’t want to use the GUI is that there are too many things for an artist to change, they just like a single ‘export’ button which automagically exports a scene :-). Most of the options they don’t understand and some of them will even break the application.

thanks,
Bill.

aztek wrote:

Is there any way into the exporter other than through the GUI?

Nope, sorry, the GUI is now integrated in the main export function and there is no way to disable it.

aztek wrote:

Btw the reason I don't want to use the GUI is that there are too many things for an artist to change, they just like a single 'export' button which automagically exports a scene :-). Most of the options they don't understand and some of them will even break the application.

The GUI now supports the option of saving and loading settings to file so you could setup various configurations for the artist that they can use and they would never have to touch any of the tick boxes. Also, if you use the same settings for all exports then the Maya GUI remembers the previous ones used so they would just need to press export.

Thanks,

Scott