PVRGeoPOD on OSX 10.10 Yosemite

Hello all,

I’m trying to use PVRGeoPOD on OSX 10.10 Yosemite to create PODs to use with Cocos3d. I use Blender 2.72b as the 3D modelling software. I have tried the Addon and standalone versions of PVTGeoPOD, but the POD file in Cocos3d has only parts of the object. I have tried both complex models and simple models such as cube, cone, still get only a part of object in Cocos3d.

When I view the POD in PVRSharman, I could see the full object

I created the POD in a Windows machine, and managed to render properly in Cocos3d (So my code seems to be fine)

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi,

If the POD file renders correctly in PVRShaman, it suggests there may be a bug in Cocos3d rather than the POD file. Have you discussed the issue with the Cocos3d development team?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

I have posted the same question there

http://forum.cocos2d-swift.org/t/pvrgeopod-doesnt-work-in-os-x-10-10-yosemite/15803

Thanks for the tip on POD ,

Chim.

Thanks for the link. It’s also a possibility PVRShaman is using default shaders or variables for your render, which could explain differences in between PVRShaman and Cocos3d. Have you implemented your own PFX effects, or are you relying on PVRShaman’s built in default effects?

If you need to inspect the POD data, I would recommend using PVRShaman’s “File”–>“POD info” dialog and the “Open Data Viewer” right-click option for each mesh.

Joe

Hi Joe,

I checked the PODShaman->POD Info. I’m new to this 3D business and cannot interpret much from the info I found there. I have shared the POD and images of how it appear in my app here. Highly appreciate if you could shade some lights about what goes wrong here.

Thanks,

Chim

Hi Chim,

I’ve taken a look at your POD scene and screenshots. I noticed something a little peculiar. If you right-click Cube in the Scene graph and select the “Open Object Viewer” option, you can inspect the mesh’s data. The first half of the indices look ok at a glance, but the second half of the array has some very high numbers that I suspect are invalid.

It's possible that PVRShaman is handling this strange index data better than the Cocos3d engine. Can you inspect the mesh data in Blender? I expect something has gone wrong in Blender, causing erroneous index values to be exported into the POD file.

Thanks,
Joe