PVRTexToolGUI Linux Segfault

Hi,

I’ve recently downloaded the latest PowerVR SDK and tried to run the PVRTexToolGUI using the Linux_x86_64 build on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit. For some reason it just segfaults at startup:
/opt/Imagination/PowerVR/GraphicsSDK/PVRTexTool/GUI/Linux_x86_64$ ./PVRTexToolGUI 
Object::connect: No such slot QDialog::slotUpdateDims() in /import/phbuildpc210/dev/buildxl/buildroot/sdk/REL_3.0/UtilitiesSrc/PVRTexTool/GUI/Source/GUI/NewTextureDialog.cpp:24
Object::connect:  (sender name:   ‘Spin_Width’)
Object::connect:  (receiver name: ‘Dialog’)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)[/CODE]
I tried other GUI utilities like Linux_x86_64/PVRGeoPODGUI and they seem to run fine so I’m guessing it’s something to do with the PVRTexTool build?

Thanks
</span>/opt/Imagination/PowerVR/GraphicsSDK/PVRTexTool/GUI/Linux_x86_64$ ./PVRTexToolGUI&nbsp;</div><div>Object::connect: No such slot QDialog::slotUpdateDims() in /import/phbuildpc210/dev/buildxl/buildroot/sdk/REL_3.0/UtilitiesSrc/PVRTexTool/GUI/Source/GUI/NewTextureDialog.cpp:24</div><div>Object::connect: &nbsp;(sender name: &nbsp; 'Spin_Width')</div><div>Object::connect: &nbsp;(receiver name: 'Dialog')</div><div>Segmentation fault (core dumped)<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253; color: rgb68, 68, 68; ">
I tried other GUI utilities like Linux_x86_64/PVRGeoPODGUI and they seem to run fine so I’m guessing it’s something to do with the PVRTexTool build?

Thanks

Hi,

Unfortunately we have some issues running on later versions of Ubuntu which means some of our utilities do not function correctly unless they are ran in superuser mode.

try:
Code:
$ sudo ./PVRTexToolGUI

We have found the problem causing this issue (incompatibles between runtime libraries) and we have developed a fix which should be going live hopefully within the week.

For now though, you should be able to workaround the issue by running as superuser. If you get a message such as 'Connection refused', try launching the application again. This is also an problem which has been solved.

Hope this helps.

Hello 

even in sudo mode , i ve got 
“QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Connection refused” 

maaybe the next release will fix it  (christmass present)?

Kind regards
david G

Hi David.

The ‘Connection Refused’ problem has been fixed, but try running the application again after you see ‘connection refused’. This message is only printed because shared memory associated with the previous instance (which crashed with a SEGFAULT) is not properly freed. The application should run the second time because the memory is free’d by the previous instance.

yeah , i have my tools back on linux hiiayaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thank you for the tip I didn’t try sudo, it works great now.