Bugs exporting Maya cameras with PVRGeoPOD

Hi, our art guys are finding inconsistencies between exported cameras in PVRShaman and the ones in Maya.

All our cameras have film gates set, so that the art guys can frame things using the iPhone screen aspect ratio. When a film gate is set, the field of view gets screwed up in the export. I notice I can get the correct export if I swap the two Camera Aperture numbers in the attributes editor for the camera. It seems you always have to use the reverse of what looks right in Maya.

Also, are there any known bugs* relating to camera orientation? We’ve been getting exports that don’t quite have the same pitch as the source data, but haven’t been able to pin down why yet.

* Is there a public bug-tracker somewhere for PVRGeoPOD? Maya exporters are always buggy as sin, so it’d be nice to cut down the work involved in reporting bugs.

Cheers
Craig Timpany

Hi,

Quote:

All our cameras have film gates set, so that the art guys can frame things using the iPhone screen aspect ratio. When a film gate is set, the field of view gets screwed up in the export.

Would it be possible for you to send your Maya scene to devtech@imgtec.com so we can take a look?

Quote:

Also, are there any known bugs* relating to camera orientation?

There was a known bug that matches your description and this has recently been fixed. Unfortunately the fix isn't currently in any of our SDK packages. However, I have just updated the package available from https://www.imgtec.com/powervr/insider/powervr-pvrgeopod.asp with the fixed version. If your problem still exists after you have updated the exporter please let us know.

Quote:

* Is there a public bug-tracker somewhere for PVRGeoPOD? Maya exporters are always buggy as sin, so it'd be nice to cut down the work involved in reporting bugs.

We have a bug tracker but it isn't public. If you would like to report a bug you can mention it in this forum or send an email to devtech@imgtec.com.

Thanks,

Scott
Scott2010-08-02 14:30:02

IMG mailed me back to say this will be fixed in the next release (the one after build 2.06.26.0724, aka V1.17)