Facing Export color problem from 3D studio Max..

Dear all,

I am facing some difficulties to Export Color Vertices form 3d Studio Max 9.0. Here My problem are:

1. I am using PowerVR 1.1 OGLES SDK for mY N95 Symbian phone & also using PVRGeoPOD_2.06 version to export .pod/.cpp file from 3d Studio Max. When I draw object in 3D studio max & then export it directly in to two .cpp (float.cpp & fixed.cpp)file with color vertex export. Using this .cpp files I can implement 3D object in my symbian program. But the problem is that this object is drawing as white color. That means the color which I given in 3D studio max to that object not drawing same color in my symbian program.   

Even I export this object in .pvr format from 3d studio max then export it .cpp using make.content. But color still not worked....

So what I am doing wrong here? please specify....thanks

2. The 2nd problem is when I draw some text  in 3d studio max 9(create->shape->text) and then export it to .cpp(float & fixed) files using PVRGeoPOD_2.06 . I try to implement this text object using same opengles coding as other 3d studio object I drawn in my program but there is no text output/draw nothing in the phone screen. That means text is not drawing.

Even all the item(ex: line,star,rectengualar,text etc)  in shape(create->shape) can't draw in my symbian opengles coding.

So please suggest me to solve this problems...

Thanks

Rassall

Hi,

rassall_jubair wrote:

But color still not worked....

So what I am doing wrong here? please specify....thanks

How are you setting the vertex colours in Max?

What format have you chosen the vertex colours to be in? I believe you should use ARGB for OGLES.

If you collapse the mesh does it fix the problem?

Does the .pod file display correctly in PVRShaman?

rassall_jubair wrote:

Even all the item(ex: line,star,rectengualar,text etc)  in shape(create->shape) can't draw in my symbian opengles coding.

So please suggest me to solve this problems...

The exporter only exports polygon data so you need to convert text ect to meshes.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks for your reply…

Yea I already given color setting as ARGB and export it with color vertex. but still not work..

When I draw a new colorful object in 3d Studio Max as a new project and then I export it as .pod(float & fixed) format.But when I open this .pod file in PVRShaman still the object render as white color . Not draw the original color as I used in 3D max. So where is problem?

Can you explain what you mean by collapse the mesh ?

Is there any example/training/document where star/text/line can convert to meshes as you mentioned that exporter can not export star/tect from 3D studio max.

I am using 3D Studio Max9 and SDK OGLES-1.1_SYMBIAN_S60_3RD_ARMV6_2.06.26.0649.msi for Symbian.

Thanks

Rassall
rassall_jubair wrote:
Not draw the original color as I used in 3D max. So where is problem?

Not sure. How are you applying the vertex colours in Max?

rassall_jubair wrote:

Can you explain what you mean by collapse the mesh ?

If you right-click on the 'Modifier List' of an object you get an option to collapse the list.

rassall_jubair wrote:

Is there any example/training/document where star/text/line can convert to meshes as you mentioned that exporter can not export star/tect from 3D studio max.

It should be as simple as adding a 'Turn to Mesh' modifier to your object.