Vertex Color Problem

Hi

I have some problem reading vertex colors from a pod file.

I have a pod file thats exported from maya where we have set some vertex colors and chosen the export settings to include vertex colors

we are then using the pod loader found in PowerVR SDK to load the pod file

The result i’m getting is that the variable sVtxColours in the struct SPODMesh is not set every variable is null.

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to send your maya scene to us at devtech@imgtec.com so we can take a look.

Thanks,

Scott

yeah… i’ll have one of our artists to send the scene to you

have you had time to take a look at the scene we sent you?

johnny wrote:
have you had time to take a look at the scene we sent you?

Hi,

Thanks for the test scene. We've taken a look and have managed to fix the problem that you're seeing. The updated exporter will appear in the next release of our SDK that should be available within the next couple of days on our website.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi,

we have downloaded your new maya2008 exporter but we still have some problems while trying to read alpha value from a vertex color, it seems like the alpha value always is 0.

/Johnny

johnny wrote:
Hi,

we have downloaded your new maya2008 exporter but we still have some problems while trying to read alpha value from a vertex color, it seems like the alpha value always is 0.

/Johnny

Hi,

I've found the cause of this. There is some common code shared between the max and maya plug-ins and it is only storing the RGB colour values. I'm going to look at fixing this and will let you know when there is an updated plug-in.

Thanks,

Scott 

Hi again.

Bumping the thread with an additional problem with vertex colors and the Maya exporter.
The vertex colors export fine, with alpha and all, when I tried using them on a basic primitive.  (only flat shaded, no .pvr file texture)

However, it seems like when I export with vertex colours, the UV-coordinates of the mesh gets discarded somehow.

I exported a textured object, opened the resulting pod-file in PVRShaman and got:
"error: Node 'pCylinder1 does not contain UVs, material lambert2 requires them"
and the mesh is displayed grey-shaded.

As far as I know, there's no real connection between UV-coordinates and vertex colors, so this error seems very strange.

Thanks

/Rickard

johnny2008-11-05 13:59:12
johnny wrote:

I exported a textured object, opened the resulting pod-file in PVRShaman and got:
"error: Node 'pCylinder1 does not contain UVs, material lambert2 requires them"
and the mesh is displayed grey-shaded.

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to send us your scene so I can see if I can reproduce it.

Thanks,

Scott

Okay, sent the scene to devtech@imgtec.com

Thanks

/Rickard

johnny wrote:
Okay, sent the scene to devtech@imgtec.com

Thanks

/Rickard

Cheers, I was able to reproduce the bug and once it has been fixed I'll let you know.

Scott
Hi,

I've made a fix to the plug-in and the newest version can be downloaded from the PVRGeoPOD page on the website.

https://www.imgtec.com/powervr/insider/powervr-pvrgeopod.asp

If you find any more problems please let me know.

Thanks,

Scott
Scott2008-11-14 10:13:39