Latest OpenGL ES Emulator Bug.

The latest GL ES emulator seems to have a few issue.

1. The host GPU supports up to OpenGL 4.5, yet still I have to force loose context creation in order to create any context > 3.0. I don’t have the time atm to revert back the binaries, but iirc the n-1 version was able to support 3.1 context without issues.

2. The shader compiler for a loosely created OpenGL ES 3.2 context fails to compile shaders with the following errors.
    ERROR: 0:1: Syntax error, version 320 not supported
    ERROR: 1 compilation errors. No code generated.

The version begin reported is missing the ‘es’ at the end, even though its in the actual shader source.

Not griping, just point out a few issues I experience with the new emulator. Thanks for keeping this valuable tool alive.

Hi Carrado, thank you for your post.

Also, please see the another problem:

https://www.imgcommunity.local/forums/topic/the-appication-hangup-when-eglmakecurrent-is-calling-from-other-thread/

Hi Carrado, Andrey,

I’ve spoken to the PVRVFrame lead about this issue. We’ll be doing a minor update to the 2016r1 soon. This revision will include a fix for the GLSL ES version issue you have described.

[quote quote=53236]Hi Carrado, Andrey,

I’ve spoken to the PVRVFrame lead about this issue. We’ll be doing a minor update to the 2016r1 soon. This revision will include a fix for the GLSL ES version issue you have described.

[/quote]

Thanks !

Thanks, well appreciated. This is by far the most responsive forum I’ve experienced. response is prompt( this is highly relative, but you all get the drift ) and substantial. Unlike. others that tend to skirt around the issues to avoid accountability and offering endless working around instead of fixing the problem. Kudos Imagination…kudos…