Need help exporting animated model tto POD

Hello,
I am having trouble exporting FBX to POD using GeoPOD. The model exports without animation.
Can someone please help me figure out why?
I’ve uploaded the fbx to my google drive:

Inside the Transformation tab, I have export animations ticked

Thank you,
Stan

Hello dgs_stan,

Welcome to the PVR Developer forum and thank you for reporting the issue. We shall discuss about this issue with our tools team and get back to you with more information.

Best Regards,
Nagnath

Hi, Stan.

I have tested your FBX model and the animation exports ok (as far as I can tell). You need to enable it in the “Transformations” tab, “Export Animations”. I would recommend also to tick the “export matrices” box, unless you can handle the original quaternions.

By the way, we discontinued PVRGeoPOD development a couple of years back, so our support will be very limited.

Best regards.

Carlos.

Thank you Carlos. I will give it a try again. Since GeoPOD is deprecated how do you make POD files now?

Thanks,
Stan

Hi, Stan.

The PVRGeoPOD is still available for download. It is just that we do not maintain this tool any longer. We have plans to make the full source code open-source, but it is taking longer than expected.
By the way, if you are using Blender, the whole interface is editable Python so you can update if you require it.

Best regards.

Carlos.

Hi Carlos,

After you exported the animation to POD were you able to playback the animation inside the PVRShaman?
I just followed your steps and after importing the POD into Shaman and pressing play I do not see the animation.

Thank you,
Stan

Hi, Stan.

Yes, I was able to play the animation. Did you export the animation as matrices? I have attached my pod file. You can use it to read the configuration in PVRGeoPOD

Best regards.

arctichare@idle.zip (272.7 KB)

Thank you Carlos,

I will give it a try. I don’t know if it makes difference or not but I’m doing this on Ubuntu 20.21.

Thank you,
Stan

Hi, Stan.

I tested it on Windows so, yes, using Linux might make a difference, although I do not remember any problem with Autodesk’s FBX libraries on Linux… Let me know if you cannot get it working.

Regards.

Carlos.

Hi Carlos,

Which version of PVRGeoPOD did you use?

Since GeoPOD and Shaman are deprecated what is the alternative to them now?

Thank you,
Stan

Hi, Stan.

I am using 21.2@6162260 which is the one you can find in our Download page in the Legacy section. There is no real alternative unless you move to use a different format like glTF which has a very wide support.
The PVRGeoPOD python interface for Blender is editable and that will allow you to do fixes or extensions easily.

Regards.

Carlos.