PowerVR SDK Performance on Windows

Hello everyone,

I have started using PowerVR OpenGL ES 2.0 SDK for emulation on Windows. I just wanted to know what performance can be expected while developing applications using this particular SDK? I mean to say, how much this SDK will be able to take advantage of Graphics acceleration available on my Desktop?

It is understandable that PC Emulation library is not an accurate representation of POWERVR hardware so its performance on Desktop should rely on the GPU available. I just want to know if there is any further information available regarding the performance numbers of the SDK for PC emulation and how does it compare with other competing emulation solutions like AMD OpenGL ES 2.0 Emulator?

- J R Shah   

Our PC Emulation library is mostly a relatively thin wrapper around OpenGL. So in most cases you should expect performance close to what you would get using OpenGL directly instead of OpenGL ES. In case of features which don’t exist in OpenGL (such as GL_FIXED vertex attributes) the emulator obviously has to do some additional work.