PowerVR Series 7XT

Can this series 4k 60fps YUV 10bit H264/H265 and VP8/VP9 hardware decoding as Nvidia X1???

Our PowerVR Video Decoder webpage has some information on this topic. According to this page, the hardware is capable of supporting 4k @ 60FPS with the H.265 & H.264 formats.

Our team is responsible for PowerVR Graphics support. If you have any further questions about the PowerVR Video technology, I can connect you to our marketing team.

Regards,

Joe

Wow all Hardware Decoding(4K 60fps 10bit H.264/H.265,VP8)very cool but can not VP9 or?? Is Power SeriesVR Series 7XT more than 10w as the Nvidia X1??

Wow all Hardware Decoding(4K 60fps 10bit H.264/H.265,VP8)very cool but can not VP9 or??

I'm not sure. I will ask our marketing team about this.

Is Power SeriesVR Series 7XT more than 10w as the Nvidia X1??

The power consumption of a Series7XT GPU implementation will depend on the decisions made by our customers when designing SoCs. SoC specific variables, such as the device fabrication process and clock speed, will affect power consumption.

As with all previous generations of PowerVR Graphics cores, the Series7 family of processors have been designed for optimal performance per-watt. At this time, I can only refer you to the Series7 press release. I would recommend subscribing to our blog to keep up to date with any new announcements made by our marketing team.

Hi,

A member of our marketing team has informed me that a similar question was asked in the comments section of our blog (New PowerVR Series7XE family targets the next billion mobile and embedded GPUs). They are planning to respond to the VP8/VP9 question there.