pUserData of CPVRTModelPOD PROB

Dear Team

The node are correctly being set when i use my custom script with the POD EXPORTER plugin of 3ds max 2014, no problem with that.

But setting value at the scene level doesnt work at all, it s never set by the plugin and return null.

this feature is quite wonderful as i said before , because it add all metadata that the app need , super cool …

REGARDS

DAVID

with the last version of the plugin of course

Hi David,

I’ve just checked with our example_script.ms and it appears to work fine. Does the example_script.ms included with PVRGeoPOD work fine for you? What does your own DefineSceneUserData function contain?

Thanks,

Scott

Hello Scott,

the sample given by default doesnt work for me, it work for the node but not at the scene level DefineSceneUserData

i checked that i am using the last version,

yep that is strange

regards

david

i tried to reinstall as well the sdk in case of , but i meet a serious prob with the installtion app , i send to the team a copy screen about it,

regards

david

Scott,

will it be possible to send me the plugin dle that you are using (64 version on window,3ds max2014) , i could check it as well ?

that will so cool man !

Kind regards

david

Scott,

will it be possible to send me the plugin dle that you are using (64 version on window,3ds max2014) , i could check it as well ?

that will so cool man !

Kind regards

david

HI,

at the scene level i am doing ,

function DefineSceneUserData =

(

/*

Anything returned from this function will be included in the SPODScene’s user data.

This is for information that doesn’t belong with a node or a material.

*/

“Extra global data”

)

regards

david

Hi,

I was using 2.15.1 which I believe is the latest version released.

Your DefineSceneUserData looks correct. Does the output from your export mention any errors? Also, just to make sure, are you checking .pUserData for the string?

Cheers,

Scott

believe me it s what i do, i gave up on that feature now

Sorry, I just noticed a typo in my reply. It should have read

just to make sure, are you checking [your scene].pUserData for the string?

Hello Scott

i assure you that it doesnt work ,

i use to to use it in previous release if you remember our talk about it ( and i did find bug already ).

i am sure that it work for you, that is unfortunate that it doesnt work for me, i check the plug in aswell

anyway i give up on this feature and i will probably not use POD anymore,nothing wrong with it…but not flexible enough compare what you can do with Fbx…

regards

david

The only other suggestion I have is to delete the PVRGeoPOD.plist from C:Users[user name]AppDataRoamingImagination Technologies and try again as maybe the settings have developed a fault and this is affecting the internal workings of PVRGeoPOD. If you make a copy of the .plist and deleting it does fix the problem feel free to attach the copy to a ticket so we can take a closer look at what is breaking things.

Note: Doing this will delete any saved settings/configurations you have.

Thanks alot Scott for your answer i will try