PVRGeoPOD Blender 2.5.7 on Mac woes

Hi,

Maybe someone can help me. We are trying to get the Blender version of PVRGeoPOD working on Mac with version 2.5.7 of Blender. I tried using the AddOn manager in the User Preferences and also just manually putting the .py and dynamic library in the package (where the rest of the py files are), neither way worked. I then started going backwards in blender versions all the way to 2.50 still no go. Am I missing something? It won’t show up in export or in the add-ons manager no matter what I seem to do. Do I need to compile it into a pyc file? has the plugin format changed? Do I need to use 2.49… this would be unfortunate since our work so far has been using 2.5.7.

Any info would be welcome.

Thanks!

Hi, 

Unfortunately Blender Plugin dosen't work with Blender 2.5 only with 2.49/2.48 . It should be ready for our next release. For now I would recommend you export your scenes in a Collada and then use Collada2Pod from our SDK.

Unfortunately, collada export from blender doesn’t support bones. Is there a rough eta when the 2.5.x plugin will be released? Can we beta test the one in development?

We are aiming for end of August 2011. with our release and this should will be the first time blender plugin for blender 2.5 will be available.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Looking forward to the August release.

jacekc wrote:
We are aiming for end of August 2011. with our release and this should will be the first time blender plugin for blender 2.5 will be available.

Would it be possible to get an estimated release date?

Unfortunately, the engineer who was maintaining this plug-in has left since jacekc’s reply and so the Blender plug-in is not going to be able to support Blender 2.5 for the next release. The workaround is to export to Collada and then use Collada2POD. We do still intend to add support for 2.5 for a future release.

The 2.9 release should happen shortly.

Unfortunately, this problem is more serious than just not being able to export bones, as nmikros posted.  In fact, support for animations has been completely removed from the Collada exporter in the new Blender 2.59.  They do intend to put it back in someday, but since Blender is an open source (volunteer) project, it is impossible to know when that will happen.  In the meantime, Collada2POD is not a workable solution, unless you can do without ALL animations.  The only solution I have found is to use the old Blender 2.49 version.