PVRShaman animation

Hi,

Your PVRShaman is super awesome !! Did not even realize its capabilities. Great work !

Now here are my issues…

I am not sure how the PVRShaman plays the animation of a POD file ! does it use the inbuild code for animating based on POD information or it actually runs the PFX shader ? In the case of the skinning sample, the POD does not seem to care for the shader(as its not specified) and in my case of using a PFX shader (which does not animate) it does not animate with the play button.

Is there a facility to add a engine custom shader uniform and vary it in PVRShaman like the typical opacity , shininess etc values and vary it real time ?

PVRShaman expects all POD files (PFX, textures, etc) in the same folder. Will this change ever ? You can add the paths in the preferences settings and default it to the same folder. I am sure many agree with me for this feature :slight_smile:

The options for manipulating the camera are not clear in the scene tab, but it works.

I see I have to use the PVRShaman uniform semantics for compatibility, not a big problem but still is there a way to edit this list ?

Thanks,

Madan

Hi Madan,

Thanks for your comments regarding PVRShaman.

Quote:
I am not sure how the PVRShaman plays the animation of a POD file ! does it use the inbuild code for animating based on POD information or it actually runs the PFX shader ? In the case of the skinning sample, the POD does not seem to care for the shader(as its not specified) and in my case of using a PFX shader (which does not animate) it does not animate with the play button.

PVRShaman loads the animation data from a POD file, so if the POD file contains no animation data, it will not be able to play. Animations require a number of keyframes which are saved in the POD file and without these we cannot play back an animation.

Which example are you opening, exactly? PVRShaman has 'inbuilt' effects which means that even if a PFX shader doesn't exist, it will still be able to animate a POD file, if the POD file contains animation data.

Quote:
Is there a facility to add a engine custom shader uniform and vary it in PVRShaman like the typical opacity , shininess etc values and vary it real time ?

In the current release of PVRShaman and the upcoming release, 2.10, unfortunately not. However, this functionality has been mostly implemented and it is undergoing testing for our 2nd 2012 release (which will be released later this year).

Quote:
PVRShaman expects all POD files (PFX, textures, etc) in the same folder. Will this change ever ? You can add the paths in the preferences settings and default it to the same folder. I am sure many agree with me for this feature :)

This is something we are looking in to for future releases.

Quote:
I see I have to use the PVRShaman uniform semantics for compatibility, not a big problem but still is there a way to edit this list ?

This functionality ties in with the second issue. Currently it's not supported but our 2nd 2012 release will have this functionality.

Many thanks.Arron2012-03-08 09:32:12

Sweet ! Thanks for the reply Arron.

I wish there is an automated email to know about SDK releases.

You’re welcome.

We do indeed automatically email out all of our registered Insiders. If you’re registered via https://www.imgtec.com/powervr/insider/powervr-register.asp you should receive our biannual release email.