Collada2POD Mac

Hello,
I’m having a problem with collada2POD cl. When I transform a .dae with vertex color the alpha column is always 0 and if I load the .pod in PVRShaman It says that has an animation but it’s not true. Any info about that? I’m wonking on Mac

Thanks

That was for float values in vertex colour. If i use unsigned byte I just get 0 or 1

MALH wrote:
Hello,
I'm having a problem with collada2POD cl. When I transform a .dae with vertex color the alpha column is always 0 and if I load the .pod in PVRShaman It says that has an animation but it's not true. Any info about that? I'm wonking on Mac

Thanks

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to send your .dae file to devtech@imgtec.com so I can take a look? What build of Collada2POD are you using? I'd have to check but the alpha value always being 0 may be due to a recently discovered bug which is fixed internally but the website hasn't been updated yet with the latest build (should be soon). As for the mystery animation I'm not sure I'd need to take a look at your scene.

Quote:

If i use unsigned byte I just get 0 or 1

This is expected for the 'unsigned byte' type. If you would like to export vertex colours as unsigned bytes you should use the 'ARGB' or 'RGBA' type.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks for sending your files. I've taken a look and as I originally thought the alpha value for the vertex colour always being 0 is indeed due to a recently discovered bug. As mentioned this has been fixed and an updated version of Collada2POD will be available on the website soon.

Also, I was able to reproduce the appearance of the mystery animation and a fix for this will also be included in the updated version put on the website.

Scott2010-05-06 15:42:51