pvrgeopod export axis

I was just wondering if anyone has seen a problem with exporting a model where the rotation axis will change from time to time.

Here’s the scenario…

Export model in pod format from max. Leave max open. Test in iPad app, works great with the model rotating just fine. Modify 3d model in max and export again, no change in the pod settings; just click export selected -> export. Delete old pod from xcode resources. Add new pod to xcode project, clean target and test…

Now my model rotates in a completely different direction.

Anyone got any ideas? Is there a filesize limit on these POD files? Mine is 1.5mb.

Thanks.

Valerie

This looks like a bug in the exporter. That is, it all had to do with which POD file I was over-righting when exported selected model from max. Even though I was “over-writing” an existing file, settings from that file were being used to populate the pvrgeopod dialog box.

blamejane wrote:
This looks like a bug in the exporter. That is, it all had to do with which POD file I was over-righting when exported selected model from max. Even though I was "over-writing" an existing file, settings from that file were being used to populate the pvrgeopod dialog box.

Hi,

This is a feature of the 3DS Max version of PVRGeoPOD and is intended to happen as the exporter assumes if you're overwriting a file that you would want to use the same settings as a starting point for your re-export.

Quote:

Is there a filesize limit on these POD files? Mine is 1.5mb

Nope, there is no filesize limit for the POD format.

Thanks,

Scott