Rolling My Own POD Exporter

Hi, I am rolling my own POD exporter to support features my artist has requested. I'm using PVRTModelPOD.cpp because it already has methods to write out a POD file from a struct SPODScene; now it is simply a task to translate from 3ds Max to SPODScene entities. I am using 3ds Max 2009 SDK, in particular 3ds Max 2009 3DXI SDK, that he provided me.

Inside of the struct SPODScene there are two fields;
VERTTYPE pfColourBackground[3]; /*!< Background colour */
VERTTYPE pfColourAmbient[3]; /*!< Ambient colour */[/CODE]

Questions:
[Q1] Why are these defined if not being used anywhere? (I searched OOLONG Game Engine and none of the two are ever used).
[Q2] Are there any documents to aid in mapping from ds Max 2009 3DXI SDK (previously IGame Exporter) to PowerVR POD Format?

Thanks!

[CODE]VERTTYPE pfColourBackground[3]; /*!< Background colour */
VERTTYPE pfColourAmbient[3]; /*!< Ambient colour */[/CODE]

Questions:
[Q1] Why are these defined if not being used anywhere? (I searched OOLONG Game Engine and none of the two are ever used).
[Q2] Are there any documents to aid in mapping from ds Max 2009 3DXI SDK (previously IGame Exporter) to PowerVR POD Format?

Thanks!

Please see my anser in the other thread. Your application can read and set these values from your application (PVRShaman is the example I’ve given in the other thread).

Note that Oolong doesn’t use the POWERVR SDK source code in whole or unaltered state and may be based on an earlier version of the SDK than is currently available from this site. The POD format was designed to support our own internal demo development as well as that of other developers so some parts of the format may exist for this reason and it may not be obvious from the Oolong source code. The fact is, if you aren’t planning to use these values in your own projects then there is no reason to fill them in with anything other than placeholder values.

For a description of POD format, please refer to the document that goes with the PVRTGeoPOD plug-in.